Finding a Personal Property Appraiser

I've been trying to do two things: locate a general personal property appraiser for my Mother's estate (I am executor) and even the lawyers cannot help me; secondly, there are items that I will donate to charity but others that I would like to either auction or sell to a dealer, how can I locate someone knowledgeable to assist with this? At first, I wanted to have an estate sale, but where she lived, those are not allowed. There are not a lot of items, but what will be left after family dispersal will be of quality and seems like I should do more than donate (believe me, I am donating quite a bit as is).

Molly from Central, TX

I would call a realtor company. They know all those people you will need. They would also help with setting up a auction. We have local one here in Ohio that have been helpful to us. Free consultation to us. Good luck.

I know it seems simple, but in our phone book there are listings under appraisers. Have you looked there?

1. We donate everything to the Hospice League here. Once a year they have an auction and the proceeds from it help to run the Hospice Home for sick ones and their families.

2. Donate things to the Good Will for a tax deduction/write off for yourself. They in turn help folks that have lost things due to their home being on fire or vandalized.

3. Donate to a church to have their persoanl yard sale and then give the proceeds from it for their sanctuary .

I a sure you parent/s would be pleased knowing the things that they left behind that they loved so are now being loved by others and by choice.

Good Luck to you on this!

Look up auctioneers and antique dealers in you area. There are many that will deal in personal estates, and some will buy everything that you are disposing of, others will sell your items in auction. Some "antique dealers" will also buy estates, especially if what you have is collectible and in good shape. Where you are located, you may have to look to Houston or Dallas to find someone.

Spray on a Fence
Removing Spray Paint From a Fence
Gardener trimming Hedge
How Property Laws Affect Gardeners
highlighed will and fountain pen
Dealing With an Estate Where There is No Will
Creating Adequate Drainage
Creating Adequate Drainage in Your Yard