Finding the Value of English Bone China

Category Miscellaneous
Finding a reputable appraiser is one of the better ways to determine the value of your bone china. This is a guide about finding the value of English bone china.

I have a complete set of bone China from England. It has the "number/letter" markings in the center on the back of the plates. How would I get this appraised and where? We live in Deerfield Beach, Florida.

Answers

You have authentic English bone china. It was made before 1967 because the words, "Tuscan Fine English Bone China" are placed above an English crown. I hope you have the complete set. I'm not sure what it is worth, but this British website would be able to help you: http://www.coll  a.co.uk/?cat=229

Some finer jewelry stores offer china appraisals, as do some upscale auction houses.

Your photo does not give us very much information as the pattern name, number of pieces or place settings that you are calling a complete set and most importantly a photo of the pattern are missing.

Manufactured for Harrods (on the back) may mean a "private" pattern made only for Harrods or may be just one of the patterns made for Harrods and not sold worldwide.

Because there is no photo or pattern name you will have to do your own research as you have the china in front of you. Basic research for Tuscan anywhere may not tell you anything unless you can get information concerning the patterns sold/made for Harrods.

Replacements is usually the best place to find out the value of fine china but this will not work with the information shown here.
Here is their web site that you can send them photos of your china and they may be able to identify it for you and they may be able to give you an estimate of value.

http://www.repl  com/identify.htm

I have a commemorative plate/saucer with the pictures of Charles and Diana and the wording: To Commemorate the Birth of Their First Child". Is it worth anything?

Answers

I don't think this has a very high value at all. I've seen a few of these advertised for sale on eBay and they are asking only $16 to $20 for them.

I think this is more of a collectors item and doesn't hold a high resale value at all.

It's not worth much. I bought a mug to commemorate the 25th anniversary of Queen Elizabeth in 1977 and it's probably worth less than what I paid.

I have some bone china; made in England. Royal Vale number 7514 cup, saucer, and plate. Does this set have any value?

By Kerrie Ann