Value of Royal Albert Bone China Dish

I have a dish that says Royal Albert Bone China England Prairie Rose on the bottom. It is heart shaped with wavy edges and has a small handle. The print is of wild roses. About how much is this worth?

This similar one is asking $24.95 on eBay. www.ebay.com/.../202564563904?_trkparms=ispr%3D1&hash...!11791!US!-1

You can find this lovely piece at ReplacementsLTD, for $39.99!

This is a pretty pattern and some rare pieces seem to be of high value; such as the teapot and large platters but most of the other pieces are in the $25-$35 range.

Replacements has this relish dish listed at $39.95 which probably means it would be valued below that amount but it might sell faster than some of the pieces sitting on sites 'waiting'.

www.replacements.com/.../roaprr.htm

I did notice that Replacements has reduced some of their prices on this brand/pattern and that usually means it is not selling and they want to reduce their stock.

What a pretty piece! The other posters have given you the retail value of your item -- which is what a company like Replacements would fetch for it if they sold it -- so that price is retail.

For you, a general person, you can expect to get 1/8 to 1/4 of that value...if it sells. You can always start it at the high price (retail) and take best offer.

If Replacements is offering discounts on the piece, then I will not recommend what I usually do, which is to sell it to them and be done with it. When they offer discounts that means they are no longer buying the pattern because there is no demand.

So you can plan if you are going to sell it, it will most likely sit for months, if not years before it sells. I can say this because I used to sell pieces like this and they would fly off the table/eBay until they didn't any more--which was a few years ago.

I would set it up as a Good until cancelled eBay auction for it, with the best offer button clicked and then put in the best offer price of the lowest you will take and let it it sit out there.

If you want a very quick sale, I suggest pricing it for a few bucks at a yard sale. There is a contingent of people out there who are buying up old dishes for pennies with the hope that the market will turn. Which it may.

What we are seeing today is millennials don't want "stuff" of any kind including pretty dishes, and the rest of us are getting old and trying to get rid of our stuff and pretty dishes so we have created a high supply, low demand market which has driven prices to their all time lows.

It is sad. These people that do buy them must have lots of storage space and are banking on that the Gen Z's will want their granny's dishes in 5-10 years. I know from having Gen Z kids in my world that unless they do a 180, they hate granny's and auntie's "stuff" even more than the millennials...but they may outgrow those feelings :)

Thanks for sharing! I so wish I had better values for you!

Consumer Advice Collectibles ChinaSeptember 24, 2019
🎂
🌻
🎃