Decorating a Room Nautical Theme

I just did my own anniversary party. If you are in a room with a strong decor, don't fight it! Ours was a yacht club room with a definite nautical decor - so I went with it, using blue and gold out of the palette - and emphasizing the marine aspect with table decorations of candles mixed with shells. I put around white lilies (in season) in clear glass vases sparingly around the room and saved on flowers because I used the candle/shell table decorations. (The candles were from the dollar store and the shells had been picked up on a local beach!)

We put the candles on white plates on top of large decorative napkins/placemats and then scattered the shells and other decorative trinkets - As the evening went on, the candles were lit and the effect was wonderful! (just watch out for wax - next time I will put foil underneath the OUTDOOR candle sticks I used for the deck area!)

Holidays and Parties Parties DecorationsSeptember 8, 2006
Cake with ropes and small anchors on it.
Nautical Themed Wedding Ideas
A picture of the Eiffel Tower.
Decorating a Room With a Paris Theme
Mexican hat
Decorating a Room with Mexican Theme
Room With Many Doors
Decorating a Room With Many Doors