Online Paperback Swap

If you are an avid reader, you may want to check out www.paperbackswap.com. It's a book trading website where you post your books on their site, and then you get credits to get a book of your choice. It is easy to do and free. You will be asked to post 9 books at first and you will receive 3 credits to get 3 books. If someone asks for one of your books, you will package it up and mail it at your expense. It's really inexpensive to send a book via media mail, usually around $2 and some change. (Plus when you request a book from someone else, they pay the postage for your book. It's a swap.) Once the other person receives your book, you receive another credit to get another book.

They mainly have fiction, but there are all kinds of books here. Great place to swap your old, already read books, for something you haven't read yet. Now go! Get out there and get swapping!

By Misty from Dalton, OH

Thanks for sharing this! I can't wait to try it out!! Now, I just have to find 9 books that I can part with! ;-)

Misty, thank you so much for this info. It is a blessing for a reader like me.

This is a great idea but just wanted to mention that paperbacks are very reasonable at garage sales. I usually get them for .25 ea. I have bought so many in the past, I could be reading for years with the inventory I have stored under my bed! Also, don't forget to use your public library and if there's a particular book you're wanting you can be on a waiting list for it.

I have been a member for a little over a year, and really enjoy it. If you are a fan of Audio books (either on CD or Cassettes, they are also available for 2 credits), and they also have a sister site for swapping Music CD's, although I have never checked that one out. When my husband was getting ready for his double knee replacement surgery and recovery, I stocked up on reading material so he would not have to spend all of his down time watching TV. When he finished a book, I would repost it and order another. Great moneysaver. You can also post hard cover books if you don't mind the extra postage expense as they usually weigh a little more. They have about a million books in their data base at any given time, so if there is a book you are looking for or an author you like, you can do a search. And if they don't have the one you want, put it on a wish list and they will let you know when it is available. If you like to read, you really must "check it out".

Harlean from Arkansas

Also try bookmooch.com. It's free to join. I've been "mooching" for about a year. I use this site to get books that I'd like to add to my personal library and for books that the public library doesn't carry or are always checked out. I buy books at Goodwill, yard sales, etc. that I know are popular, post them and get books I want in exchange.

Hi, I also am a member and love it. but I did find a CON to this club. if you want to know what it was I blogged about it.. http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/ourfunhouseofgod/

Check it out if you're so inclined! Other than that I have loved it!

Oh, yeah the MOST you will pay to send a book is $2.60 or so. and thats for hard cover.... but I really couldn't find the books that I want for cheaper than that, so I think it's worth it!

June 18, 2011 Flag

How and where do I list books to swap?

By grandmalt from Whiting, IN

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

paperbackswap.com

bookcrossing.com

Try PaperBackSwap.com, they also do CD's and DVD's.

July 9, 2007 Flag

Love to read? Check out http://www.paperbackswap.com. All it takes to join is 9 paperback books. (I had a few lying around the house I no longer wanted and got the rest at our county library's booksale for 50 cents each; thrift shops and yard sales would be another good place to get them.) Then you post your 9 books and automatically get 3 credits.

If someone wants one of your books, they'll e-mail you, you print the Media Mail wrapper right from the website, slap $1.59 worth of stamps on it and mail it. As soon as the requestor receives it, you'll get another credit. Then when you order a book, all it costs you is 1 credit; the sender will pay for the stamps and send it to you. You can also have a "Wish List" of books you'd like to get and they'll e-mail you as soon as one becomes available and ask if you still want it. With the cost of buying paperback books brand new being close to $8 or $10, I think this site is wonderful!

By Lynn from Chico, CA

Answers:

Paperback Swap

What a wonderful idea. I went to the site but it seems its not for Canadians as they don't have it listed when you fill out the form to register. Its a wonderful site though. Thanks for sharing. (01/10/2006)

By Canookie

Paperback Swap

Thanks for sharing this information. There is another website almost identical - frugalreader.com. I'm already a member of it and think I'll join this new one so I'll have plenty of books going and coming. It's a very good way of getting rid of old books and getting new ones without spending a fortune. (01/10/2006)

By tedsmom

Paperback Swap

I love to read and sometimes I think I do have too many sitting around here - some I haven't ever read and they've been here for years - I think I'll have to try this website, it sounds delightful! (01/10/2006)

By wdyjsu

Paperback Swap

http://www.americasbookshelf.com is a wonderful place to share and receive books. (05/08/2006)

By BudMurray

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Better Living Frugal Living TipsJuly 9, 2007
Online Shopping
Selling Crafts Online
Stack of paperback books.
Repairing a Paperback Book
homemade soap
Having a Craft Swap Party
"Swap Not Shop" Party Ideas
"Swap Not Shop" Party Ideas
🎉
🎄