Use Trash Can as Mop Bucket

When I was a bride, I received a plastic trash container filled with kitchen and household items, along with this tip - use the trash container for a mop/cleaning bucket! It's a simple habit to get into, the trash container is right there in the kitchen anyway. Just pull the trash, add your hot water and cleaner.

After your cleaning job is done, swish the mop or sponge around the inside of the container to clean it. Next, dampen a paper towel and wipe the exterior if needed, then empty, rinse, and wipe the container with the paper towel before setting in the sun to dry. Bonus tip - the bottom of the clean trash container is the best place to store your stash of plastic bags, making pulling and replacing the trash bag a snap every time.

By TexasCostumer from Denton, TX

I've been doing something, similar, too! I pour a bucket of water into the toilet before cleaning, then sprinkle w/ Comet. One day it occurred to me that if I used the plastic wastebasket I could carry one less "cleaning item", empty the wastebasket, and rinse it out at one time. Raising 2 boys, this practice has really proven itself!