Dye Ribbon With Food Color

A bolt of white ribbon got rained on and I thought it was ruined, but being frugal, I ran water over it to clean it off. I then dropped red and green food color on both edges of the rolled up wet ribbon. I unrolled the ribbon and hung it up to dry. My colored hands were back to normal the next day, LOL. When it dried, I rewound the ribbon on an empty pill bottle. It is good as new. Here's a picture of how it turned out.
GG Vi

By Great Granny Vi from Moorpark, CA

Dyed ribbon hanging to dry.
Showing: Comments Sort: Relevance

Bow made with food coloring dye GG Vi

Great idea, may try a strong Koolaid and hot water mixture to see if it works as well.

Add your voice! Click below to comment on this post or add your answer to this question. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom.

Craft Supplies
Saving Money on Craft Supplies
Crafts FabricJanuary 3, 2011
A Christmas tree made out of ribbon.
Ribbon Craft Ideas
Up close photo of red, wavy hair.
Homemade Hair Dye Recipes
Sink with hair dye stains
Removing Hair Dye from a Bathroom Sink
Red Hair Dye
Removing Hair Dye Stains from a Bathtub
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on June 26, 2016 at 9:03:58 PM on 10.0.2.150 in 576 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.