Dye Ribbon With Food Color

A bolt of white ribbon got rained on and I thought it was ruined, but being frugal, I ran water over it to clean it off. I then dropped red and green food color on both edges of the rolled up wet ribbon. I unrolled the ribbon and hung it up to dry. My colored hands were back to normal the next day, LOL. When it dried, I rewound the ribbon on an empty pill bottle. It is good as new. Here's a picture of how it turned out.
GG Vi

By Great Granny Vi from Moorpark, CA

Dyed ribbon hanging to dry.
Showing: Comments Sort: Relevance

Bow made with food coloring dye GG Vi

Great idea, may try a strong Koolaid and hot water mixture to see if it works as well.

Comment

Craft Supplies
Saving Money on Craft Supplies
Crafts FabricJanuary 3, 2011
A Christmas tree made out of ribbon.
Ribbon Craft Ideas
Up close photo of red, wavy hair.
Homemade Hair Dye Recipes
Sink with hair dye stains
Removing Hair Dye from a Bathroom Sink
Red Hair Dye
Removing Hair Dye Stains from a Bathtub
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on April 30, 2016 at 5:03:23 AM on 10.0.2.205 in 710 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.