Scott Lawnmower Won't Start

I tuned up my Scott 6.5hp push lawnmower. I changed the oil, spark-plug, put in fresh gas and a new air filter. The mower started, ran for 1 min, then shut off and will not start again. Can anyone tell me what might be the problem? Thanks.

By Mike from Houston

You need to find out if the mower is getting a spark from the coil as it could be a bad coil. It could be the carburetor orifices.. Take a small wire from the bread tie or garbage bags and clean it off then run the wire through the orifice and take nozzle from air pump and blow it out better. Also check to see if the float valve is working as it could be stuck.

Hi Mike, I have had the same trouble. Make sure spark plug is tight. The right oil is in. The lever to lift mower is not down low. Leave a while as might be flooded. Michelle.

Maybe the tiny hole in the gas cap, the one that lets the gas breath by letting the air in and out, is stopped up.

Photo of a push lawn mower.
Fixing a Lawn Mower That Won't Start
Home and Garden Repair Machines Lawn MowersMarch 22, 2010
Lawnmower
Lawnmower Blade Won't Turn
Lawnmower mowing long grass.
Choosing the Best Lawnmower Height Setting
Riding Lawnmower
Riding Lawnmower Will Not Shift Gears
Man tinkering with a riding mower.
Riding Lawn Mower Won't Start
🎉
🎄