Dog Fur Problems

If you have dog fur problems, buy sticky rollers and roll it on the dog. It does not hurt them, and it cuts down on vaccuming up fur.

Picking Up Dog Fur

By Lynda from Warrenton, MO

Guess what I just tried this with my constant shedding Jack and it did great!

And the dog will be less scared than if you tried to use a dust buster!

I have a long haired dog and the best thing I found was a Undercoat Rake. You have to use it outside but it works wonderful. I think it only cost about $5 and I have already saved that in the energy and time it would take to vacuum all that hair!

What about the goldenretriver? They are not short haired...

Hi, my dog is a German Shephard, he's 8 months and he's been losing his fur, please what can be the cause?

My lab mix sheds a lot this time of year. When I brush him, the fur starts flying, so I too use a lint brush, but I use the kind you reuse. The fur comes out in one hand with the de-shedder brush, and gets picked up with the lint brush in the other hand. When both are full of hair, I clean them out and keep going! It is much cheaper than sticky rollers, and does not hurt or scare him.

February 24, 2012 Flag

I have two short haired dogs; one is a Doberman and one is a Min Pin/Pug mix. I like wash and wear dogs, they are easy to groom, but all dogs shed. I found that putting my dogs in children's sweatshirts (with the arms cut off) in the house really keeps the hair situation manageable. The dogs wear children's t-shirts in the summer.

I take the shirts off and throw them in the dryer on air fluff. Since my dogs are inside dogs, you would be surprised at how much cleaner your furniture and floors stay. The shirts are no problem with my dogs; they don't mind at all. I would suggest with a new puppy, get them used to wearing these as soon as possible. You won't be sorry.

By Mary from Omaha, NE

Doberman Pincher wearing shirt in car

What a great idea! I never thought of my dogs wearing shirts for shedding! I too love sleek haired dogs, but you are correct in that they too shed. Thanks for the excellent tip!

What size shirt is your dog wearing? I have a rather large doberman (90-95 lbs. depending on the season) and can't find any dog shirts for him.

Here fellow Omahan, like your idea, but not sure if I should do it, in the house both dogs wear washable diapers and not sure if I can fully dress them, LOL, but love those diapers with velcro. My Pom barely sheds, it is the Rat Terrier mostly. Linda H. Omaha, N.E

A dog's brush next to a pile of dog hair.
Reducing Your Dog's Shedding
Photos Pets DogsJune 2, 2006
Cleaning Mink Fur
Cleaning Mink Fur
Bunny Losing Its Fur
Bunny Losing Its Fur
A dog sitting on a couch.
Reducing Pet Hair in Your Home
pink dog
Dyeing a Dog's Fur Safely