Is It Safe for a Baby to Sleep on Its Side?

I would like to ask if my baby who is 6 months old should sleep on his side. Is there any problem if he sleeps on his side?

By Tsering from India, Delhi

Most doctors in the US say that babies should sleep on their backs until they can roll both directions (tummy to back and back to tummy) on their own. After that, they can sleep however they choose.

I just saw on The Doctors TV Show that babies should always sleep on their back to prevent SIDS.

I am a mother of 4 sons and that is how I had mine. I put mine on their side with a pillow at their back. I did not like them on their backs because when they burped up their milk it caused them to choke. I felt that when they were choking it ran down the side of the cheek. This was my choice. I think each baby and mother is different and a person has to choose what is right for them. My sons are now ages 42-32-27-25, all healthy and strong.

Parenting Baby SleepMay 15, 2010
Computer Sleep Mode Button
Getting Computer Out of Sleep Mode
Decorations and food on a table at a baby shower.
Baby Shower Ideas
Iron Framed Bed
Fixing a Squeaky Bed
People attending a baby shower.
Saving Money on a Baby Shower