General AdviceConsumer Advice

Using the Woolite Rug Stick

Has anyone tried the Rug Stick from Woolite? Is it as good as they advertise? I've been thinking about getting one, because I can no longer handle those huge rug shampooers. Thanks.

By Judy from Birmingham, AL

I have it and am not impressed with it at all! Try Woolite One Step Foam Carpet Cleaner! You just spray it on the stain (or something sticky like my problem), let it dry and vacuum it up! It was awesome! My daughter (who is almost 25...lol) spilled a trail of syrup a couple of weeks ago when her and the kiddies were here for breakfast! I used my Rug Stick and thought I had taken care of the problem! A couple of days later, everyone noticed the dark line in my carpet, which is a brownish color anyway, but this drizzly line was very noticeable, so I got out the can of Woolite One Step, sprayed it good, let it dry and guess what?? No more sticky syrup lines! Good luck to you! Karla

I have the Woolite stick cleaner too, I bought it because I was moving my desk and where the chair mat had been, was a lot cleaner looking than the area around it. All I wanted to do was kind of blend the dirty area into the clean area untill I have the rug cleaned later this summer, or early fall. It worked OK for that, but the handle seems really flimsy, if you want to put a fair amount of pressure on it.

I bought myself a Dirt Devil carpet cleaner. It's light and does a good job on my rec room carpet. I have arthritis in one shoulder and had no problem using it.

I got tired of using all those sprays and my Downy did I good job making my house smell so nice when I do the washing so i fixed a spray bottle half Downy and half water and I sprayed that on my carpet, furniture and I even sprayed it into my A/C and it came through the vents so I was to able to make my whole house smell nice and clean try it and you will save money.