Dog Urine Stains on Carpet

My male pit bull marks his space all around the house. I have a dark colored carpet and where my dog pees it is like a light brown almost green. I have cleaned the spots over 100 times with all kinds of carpet cleaner and it does not take out the smell or stains. I have not tried a Rug Doctor because I am kind of scared that it will bleach it. My question is how do I get out these nasty stains out with out ruining the carpet?

By Kim

Best Answer

The reason the area has turned to light brown almost green is because the dogs urine has already caused it to bleach out. Permanent damage has already been done, the discoloration is not going to go away. Your only solution would be to dye the lightened areas to try to match the rest of the carpet.. I'd done so using tea or coffee as my source of dye because you can vary the shade by adding water. I start with what I think looks close and can then darken as needed. Sorry I don't have better news for you. Good luck.

Do a search on Thriftyfun for the "pee recipe" which I posted a while back. Test an inconspicuous area first.

Sad looking puppy on carpet
Cleaning Dog Urine Stains from Carpet
Home and Garden Cleaning CarpetMay 13, 2011
Using a black light to find pet urine stains on carpet.
Finding Urine Stains on Carpet
grease stain on carpet
Cleaning Grease Stains on Carpet
Cleaning Carpet
Removing Vomit Stains from Carpet
Jug of used motor oil.
Removing Motor Oil Stains From Carpet
🎄