Perfume Smell on a Purse

I have a Signature Coach Purse. I had a bottle of perfume in it, and it broke inside it. How am I supposed to clean it to get the smell out?

Holly from Dallas, TX

Answers

I bought a beautiful leather purse at a Flea Market but it reeks of perfume. Obviously someone spilled a bottle and it soaked into the leather. I've tried natural enzymes, smell-be-gone, lots of sunshine, and baking soda. I've even taken it to a leather specialist, he tried to cover the smell with "leather fragrance". Any ideas? I love this purse.

Cole from Prunedale CA

Answers:

Cat Litter

Try cat litter; place cat litter in an open container and close the suitcase. Make sure that the suitcase is lying flat so that you don't get a mess of a different kind. In a couple of days open the suitcase and wipe down the inside of the suitcase...most (or all) of the smell should be gone. I once had meat go bad in a freezer when the electricity was out for several days due to a hurricane. I tried Lysol, vinegar, bleach, you name it, but cat litter was the only thing that worked. Good Luck! (05/24/2005)

By Margaret

Coffee Grounds

Have heard that fresh, not used, cheap brand coffee grounds set in a bowl or poured in will remove stubborn odors. Also crumpled newspaper. A bowl of white vinegar sealed inside overnight or longer? A fine mist w/ white vinegar & let dry? Good Luck! (05/26/2005)

By kidsNclutter

Home and Garden Cleaning OdorsApril 15, 2008
Old Perfume Bottle
Uses for Old Perfume Bottles
Perfume Bottles
Shelf Life of Perfume
Woman spraying perfume into the air.
Removing Perfume Smell
Spray bottle of perfume.
Repairing A Perfume Spray Nozzle
🎉
🎄
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on December 8, 2016 at 7:14:55 PM on 10.0.1.124 in 988 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.