Question
Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Ideas for Woodworking Projects Using Wood Scraps

I am a senior, with few woodworking skills, but had some work done on my house and have some leftover wood scraps, tongue and groove especially, also some 2x4s and 2x6s. Any ideas for projects? I own some small hand tools ( drill, jigsaw, stapler, etc.)

Also any tips for taming sawdust would be helpful. I can only work outside, can't figure out how to saw inside.

Thank you.

By DeVonn B.

Here are the recent answer to this question.

By Mista [1]07/07/2011

I suggest doing some wood burning/pyrogrpahy to whatever wood crafts you choose to create. Without actually seeing your wood pile its hard for me to suggest a craft any different then the others posted minus hot pads, not sure what they mean by that. You could search in Google: wood crafts. Some that I found are rather wood consuming projects or really basic and even generic for me.

I love wood and hey if you still want more creative ideas, please feel free to contact me. If you can take pictures of your wood pieces & send them to me, I'd be very happy to look them over and share with you any further creative ideas. But, let me just say: wood burning is an amazing embellishment to any and all wood projects. That's what I typically play with when working with wood. I always add some type of burning free hand design to my pieces. I am serious about helping you further so please feel free to drop me a line.
sparklejunkfewz@gmail.com
Hugs, Mista

PS: Wood burning is not hard. It's actually fun and I'm not some hot shot free hand artist. No, I am more free hand with things like the picture listed, cartoons, things with mostly simple lines, plus I create more abstract stuff as well, blending things you don't often see together. I could also help with suggestions for adding to your creation, helping it "POP" more :) and just remember: "There are no mistakes", so you really cannot go wrong. Enjoy! & Have fun!

RE: Ideas for Woodworking Projects Using Wood Scraps

By Sheilah Link [5]06/27/2011

Pencil holders, book ends, door stops, hot pads, remote boxes, look around and see what would make life easier and better, what is always getting misplaced and make a place for it. Have fun.

By ItalianPear06/24/2011

Homemade picture frames
Homemade cutting boards (you can glue pieces together, sand them really well, then polyurethane them).
Birdfeeders, Squirrel feeders
Decorative wooden boxes for storing odds and ends