Make Your Own Pads for Protecting Hardwood Floors

My dining room chairs were scratching my hardwood floors. Instead of spending money on the stick-on felt thingys that fall off, I cut furry fabric (I used a 2 liter bottle cap as a template for cutting) and hot glued them to the feet of all my chairs.

By Jenn from Lenox, MA

You are so very clever! Thank you for this great idea!

I stopped at a rug store and asked for rug pad that had rubber on one side and felt on the other. Used a sharp, new razor blade and cut squares to fit under the furniture in my bedroom, as the floor was just refinished and didn't want the metal pieces on the feet to scratch the floor. There was no cost, as they gave me a large scrap piece that was headed to the dumpster!

And for furniture moving on carpet, save large crisco-sized plastic lids and extra large thick plastic lids that match, so that you can move the furniture easily anywhere you want, saving buying the ones that are sold. Although not so lovely, i'd rather have the lids than the permanent sunken holes and rust some of the legs have made over the years, and save having to restretch the carpet.

God bless you. : )

A dining room with hardwood floors.
Protecting Hardwood Floors
Home and Garden Repair Furniture ChairsFebruary 15, 2008
Photo of a yellow rubber glove.
Making Your Own Clorox Ready Mop Pads
Red Chair on Hardwood Floor
Keeping Furniture from Sliding on Hardwood Floors
Engineered Hardwood Floor
Repairing Water Damage on an Engineered Hardwood Floor
Someone mopping hardwood floors
Cleaning Hardwood Floors
🎉
🎄