Recipes for When It's Hard to Chew

I recently had a root canal and on the opposite side of my mouth a wisdom tooth extraction. It is hard to chew or even open my mouth and I cannot use a straw (this is to avoid dry pockets). Does anyone have any suggestions or recipes that would help until I'm all healed up? :)

By Sadie Lynn

There is always soup and also baby food.

Oatmeal, cream of wheat, grits, softly scrambled eggs, tuna fish mashed finely with just mayo (no celery or relish), yogurt, cottage cheese, macaroni & cheese, rice pudding, pudding or jello. Keep thinking, you'll come up with more.

If you can spare 12 or 14 dollars (maybe less), get a baby food mill. You put what you've cooked into it, then as you push down and turn the handle, it is ground and comes up. That way, you could get the flavor you crave without the potential hard chew.

If you go to Amazon.com and search "baby food mill", you can see a photo. I just recently bought one at Target; though I suspect baby stores have them, as well.

Good luck! Hope you're not sore long!

FYI, it's "dry socket", not "dry pocket"--it's when the socket fails to fill with blood and clot properly. :)

As someone who's had a lot of experience with dental work, I'm left wondering what dentist was insane enough to do a root canal and wisdom tooth extraction at the same time. No wonder your jaw can hardly move!

Nutrition drinks like Ensure, or Carnation breakfast drink, are good additions to your soft diet. Since you need more nutrients, yet can't eat well, these will help your body to heal.

Good luck!

Food and Recipes Recipes AdviceMay 20, 2011
Interior of a full dishwasher.
Removing Hard Water Stains Inside Dishwasher
Petstages Chew Toys
Petstages Chew Toy Reviews
Puppy Chewing on Boot
Preventing Puppies From Chewing
Hamburger Jerky Recipes
Hamburger Jerky Recipes
🎉
🎄