A Gift for Mother Jokes

Category Jokes
Moms are the brunt of many jokes and so are the gifts that they receive. This is a guide about a gift for mother jokes.

A man went into the pet shop to purchase something for his mother's birthday. His mother was alone and he thought it would be a good idea if she had a nice companion with her. He couldn't decide what kind of a pet to get so the shop owner showed him a parrot. He said, "This parrot can speak in 5 different languages." The man said, "Wow, that'll give her someone to talk to, it should be a nice pet. I'll take it."

About a week later, the man received a letter from his mother that said the usual things, "Today I went shopping and found a great deal on peaches...my friend and I played bingo and I won $15.00 and a t-shirt...and thank you, son, for the wonderful chicken you sent me, it was absolutely delicious..." The man was horrified. Surely his mother couldn't be talking about the parrot! He called his mother up immediately. "What do you mean, 'chicken'?" he asked. "That was a parrot that could speak in five different languages!" The mother replied, "Well then it should have said something!"

By Stacey from Orem, UT

Four brothers were successful doctors and lawyers. They decided to give their elderly mother a gift.

One gave her a big house.

Another gave her a big $100,000.00 theater for her new house.

Another gave her an expensive car.

The fourth son said, "Listen, you know, too, she can't see very well. I met this priest who told me about a parrot that can recite the entire Bible. It took 20 priests 12 years to teach him. I had to pledge to contribute $100,000. a year for 20 years to the church." Let me tell you, it was worth it! All Mama has to do is name a chapter and verse and the parrot will recite it." The other brothers were so impressed.

Mama sent Thank You notes:

Milton: The house you had built for me is huge. I live only in one room but I have to clean the whole house. Thanks anyway. Mama

Manny: The expensive theater can hold 50 people but all my friends are dead. I've lost my hearing and I'm almost blind. Thanks anyway. Mama

Marvin: I am too old to travel and I have my groceries delivered. The driver you hired is a Democrat. Thanks anyway. Mama

DEAREST MELVIN: You were the only son to give a little thought to your gift. That colorful little chicken was delicious! Thank You. MAMA

By Terri H.