A Rose Named Charlie

Photo Description
A friend lives in a house built around 1920. There are a lot of treasures to be found on the grounds. Old, unkempt apple and plum trees. Flowering hedges here and there. Peach trees.

He brought my attention to a very old rose bush, asking how it should be cared for, as it looked as if it was in its days of demise. I gave him some pointers, asking if I could have a few cuttings, reminding him that the bush should be cut back very hard.

I rooted those cuttings last fall and now they are beginning to bloom. Needless to say, my friend didn't know the name of the rose. What with his name being 'Charles', (I call him 'Chucky'. l christened the rose 'Charlie'.

Tell me what you think of this, possibly fifty year old, rose I've renamed 'Charlie'. It does look a bit feminine. Maybe I should have named it 'Charlene'. But no, I'll stick with 'Charlie'. That'll keep the smile on my friend's face.

He's cute. And oh, the stories he could tell ...

Reply Like this photo? 2

My sister-in-law is named Charlie and she is very beautiful. So, to me, this fits :)

Reply Like this photo? 1

Photos GardenSeptember 4, 2018
😷
🐛
🌻
😎
📓
https://www.thriftyfun.com/A-Rose-Named-Charlie.html