Activities for Children 3 and 5 Years Old

I babysit two boys, one is three and the other is five. I babysit them for two hours every Wednesday and Friday. I am looking for ideas for activities to do with them. They both love dinosaurs, superheroes, board games, and charades. Now I can't play any games, if there is going to be a winner because they get really upset if they don't win. If you could leave some ideas to do with the kids that be great!

We are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards (US only) for people who answer recent questions on ThriftyFun this month! Click here to find out more...

I think at this age hide and seek is still a great game, granted that your environment is safe. I would also do crafts. You can buy things like popsicle sticks, glue, and markers and stickers from the Dollar Store and keep them entertained for hours. Have them make gifts for their parents.

How about drawing? Drawing dinosaurs and making a story out of their drawing. Or arts & crafts.

Coloring, make masks out of paper plates (see pinterest), plant a small garden or container garden, picture bingo (instead of letters and numbers, its colors and pictures--easy to make and it helps them learn their colors, or shapes or whatever you put on their cards), crafts, make a bird house or bird feed out of 2 or 3 liter bottles, cook (such as no bake cookies, ants on a log or other things that don't really require cooking), make sock puppets and put on a show, read a chapter book (a chapter or 2 each day)

Here is a dinosaur themed list for you for kids 3-5 years of age. I used this for my niece who is dino-obsessed at 5 years old :)

http://www.scho  es-3-5-year-olds

Read books. This instills a love for reading and teaches them how to sit still. Play dough and watercolor are always fun. Make tents with blankets.

Get a card table or other table, cover it with a blanket, and let them use their imagination. One day it will be a house, another day a cave. They will have a lot of fun.