Babysitting Ideas

I'm babysitting 2 kids for 10 hours every weekday for 3 weeks. I had my first day and it was awful. The kids and I don't click and they get bored really easily. I had only babysat them at night before and had to entertain them for a couple of hours. Now I'm having to entertain them all day (they're both above five). They complain about everything. It frustrates me to the point of tears. I already made a commitment and don't want to back out because they pay extremely well. I need to entertain myself, too, while I'm doing it. Help?

We are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards (US only) for people who answer recent questions on ThriftyFun this month! Click here to find out more...

You need outdoor activities. Hopefully there is a park or a pool in walking distance. You can also take them to a library. You could start a container or windowsill garden and do small cooking projects. You don't want them in front of a tv all day long or playing games on the phone.

Does their parents have a schedule for them?

Usually parents have a schedule if you're baby sitting for long periods of time!

There are lots of fun activities you can make with the kids or play at the local park.

Is movie time allowed?

Coloring, arts and crafts, do it yourself sand is a fun one and requires staple ingredients.

Anonymous

If parents didn't leave a schedule, make one yourself that way the kids know what comes next in their day.

Plan fun crafts get ideas on pinterest.

Movie and popcorn bring age appropriate movie with you, if you don't have one you can rent for free at the library.

Make sidewalk chalk or bubbles with them. All kids love these. Make ice cream in a plastic bag- google recipe for it. Bake cookies, Take a walk, bring a sprinkler if they don't have one. Let the kids put on swimsuit and run around the yard under the sprinkler. Take pictures of all of your activities and make a scrap book with them!

Good Luck kids can be lots of fun but they need to feel you want to be with them as well!

With my grandchildren, we go on discovery walks. We call them hidden treasure adventures. We take long walks and find rocks, eggcones, and other interesting pieces of wood. When we arrive home, we make something with them.

Take a rhyming walk. Make the children interact with each other rhyming. Also, you can start off with a small rhyme and have the children add to this. It makes a fun adventure and creates an interesting story.

Pitch a bed sheet tent in your living room using your dinning room chairs. Afterwards, pop popcorn and sit under the tent. At this time tell ghost stories or other funny stories. Each one has to tell a story.

If it is warm where you live and water is not an issue, let them play in the sprinklers in your back yard. You can also fill a small wadding pool for them to play in.