BakingFood Tips

Adding Dry Fruit to Cake Batter

Category Baking

When adding dry fruits to my cake batter, do I mix it into the batter or do I pour on top right before I pop it into the oven? Thank you so much.

By Azucena

That would depend on if you want the fruit actually in the cake or on top. If you want it in the cake you have to put some flour in a bag and put the fruit in it and shake it up before adding the fruit to the batter. If you don't do this the fruit will sink to the bottom of the cake. You should be able to find recipes for cakes like this with complete directions.

Mixing it into the batter will let it absorb the moisture to get nice and plump!

Always place measured fruit into bowl. Measure flour mixture into another bowl and pour over the fruit to coat a small amount on the fruit.

This will keep the fruit from falling to the bottom of the pan. Then mix together with the liquids, pour and bake according to directions.