Candle MakingCrafts

Adding Scent to a Melted Candle to Reuse

Category Candle Making

I use a vanilla candle on a warmer. The candle melts down, but then there is no scent left. Someone thought if I put in a new wick, that the scent would come back. What does putting in a new wick have to do with it when I don't light the wick anyway? Any other suggestions as to how to get that scent to come back? It is a big candle and I really hate to throw it away.

By Judy

I use a warmer on all of my jar type candles, and have never had any of them loose their scent. One of them is several years old and I have had that one out and used it several times, for the last few months, and even when it isn't warmed, I can smell it, whenever I go near it. The smell of the lilacs is heavenly.

I also use a warmer which is much safer than lighting the wick, but with the Glade candles, I have found they do loose their scent so I light the wick (don't use warmer) anyway which will burn any offending odors for a short time and buy the soy candles for the warmer. They last & so does the scent. I have tried several kinds of candles, adding the scent is a short time fix but again the soy is the best. Hope this has helped. Lately, I've gone to natural herbal homemade soaps, boy do they keep their scents!