CatsPets

Adult Cat Nursing on Brother

Category Cats

Hi I have two 8 month old male cats that still live with their mum. One of the males tries to suckle off of his brother. His brother does not seem to mind at all and he obviously wasn't weaned too soon, as mum is still here. It is a habit I would like to stop. I don't mind it, but the only trouble is that they both sleep with us at night. He always starts in the early hour, and it's the most awful noise and always wakes us up. Will he grow out of it? Is there anything I can do to deter him from it?

By Sara

Every time you catch him at it, squirt him with water from a squirt gun. That worked well when I tried this method on our cat who was climbing the window screens.