After-Sun Lotion Instead Of Aloe Or Vinegar

When I was younger and also many times over the years I have heard, read, and had people tell me to put vinegar on a sunburn. DO NOT do this! Sure, it may work on some people, but for those of us who it doesn't work on, it can cause a lot of pain! I got sunburned one year and someone put vinegar on me, I couldn't get in the shower fast enough. And even the shower hurt! I was literally screaming in pain.

Another thing I don't like to use is Aloe Vera gel. If you can find it in a lotion, it would probably be good. But the gel dries out my skin and really makes the sunburn hurt. So I use an after-sun type lotion. It doesn't really matter what brand. But the lotion will keep your skin from getting dry and getting that "shrinking" feeling that hurts so bad with a burn.

Source: Reddish blond hair, fair skin, lots of past sunburns!

By Cricket from Parkton, NC