Kitchen Uses for Chopsticks

Category Kitchen Tools
Kitchen Uses for Chopsticks
Used by many people as eating utensils, chopsticks have a variety of other uses when working with food. This guide is about kitchen uses for chopsticks.

I will be the first one to admit my enjoyment of the occasional junk food splurge. I work from home as a content editor for a website. One night I was struck by the urge to indulge my a Jalapeno Cheetos craving. Not wanting to have orange, cheesy laptop keys, I came up with this solution.

I got out my chopsticks - problem solved. I ate my crunchy, spicy snack and saved the keyboard. This is also a good way to practice your chop stick skills for your next trip for chicken or pork katsu. :)

By Barbara from Bremerton, WA

When cooking bacon, use wooden chopsticks to flip the strips over. This makes it easy to flip one slice at a time for even cooking. Use the chopsticks to mash down any strips that are wavy, and your bacon will be picture perfect. Plus, you will not scratch your nonstick cookware!

By Ivy from Rancho Palos Verdes

I noticed a few different gadgets being sold to grab toast from the toaster.
They sell for about 6.99. Rather then spending money I grabbed two chop sticks and put a rubber band at the end to secure.

Chopsticks aren't just for eating anymore. Some breads just don't pop up from the toaster very well, and people often use metal utensils to get them out. This is very dangerous and there is an easier and safer way. Grab a pair of wooden chopsticks and keep them close to the toaster. When you use them, put one on each side of the toasted item and push them together. Pull up and you are done.

Source: Me

By Kenneth from Copperas Cove, TX

I use pretty plastic chopsticks from the nearby Asian market as stakes for my houseplants. They don't warp or rot, and the chopsticks come in all sorts of pretty colors and designs for around $2.