Kitchen Uses for Chopsticks

I will be the first one to admit my enjoyment of the occasional junk food splurge. I work from home as a content editor for a website. One night I was struck by the urge to indulge my a Jalapeno Cheetos craving. Not wanting to have orange, cheesy laptop keys, I came up with this solution.

I got out my chopsticks - problem solved. I ate my crunchy, spicy snack and saved the keyboard. This is also a good way to practice your chop stick skills for your next trip for chicken or pork katsu. :)

By Barbara from Bremerton, WA

4 More Solutions

When cooking bacon, use wooden chopsticks to flip the strips over. This makes it easy to flip one slice at a time for even cooking. Use the chopsticks to mash down any strips that are wavy, and your bacon will be picture perfect.

I noticed a few different gadgets being sold to grab toast from the toaster.

Chopsticks aren't just for eating anymore. Some breads just don't pop up from the toaster very well, and people often use metal utensils to get them out. This is very dangerous and there is an easier and safer way. Grab a pair of wooden chopsticks and keep them close to the toaster.

Chopsticks on silicone pot holder.

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

I use pretty plastic chopsticks from the nearby Asian market as stakes for my houseplants. They don't warp or rot, and the chopsticks come in all sorts of pretty colors and designs for around $2.

Food and Recipes Food Tips Kitchen ToolsJune 11, 2012
💘
🍀
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Alternative-Kitchen-Uses-for-Chopsticks.html