Alternative Uses for a Leaf Blower

Category Tools
A garden tool that can be helpful for other things. This guide contains alternative uses for a leaf blower.

There are times when I have opened my doors and used the leaf blower to blow out dirt and dust from my kitchen, living room, and car. This sounds like a guy thing (I am not a guy), but it really feels uber-clean and you feel like a cleaning superheroine in the process.

A note about vacuums and leaf blowers, in general - wear hearing protection. If you have only headphones and cotton or a rag, even tying a scarf around your ears is better than nothing. I work with patients who have lost their hearing, and noise history always contributes to hearing loss and tinnitus. This goes for lawn mowers and generators, too!

By Mary K. from Kensington, MD

If you get just a light, fluffy snow, before you bring, out the shovel, try using a leaf blower. It works really well and you may save yourself some work!

To keep snow off of your porch that isn't wet or packed down use your leaf blower.

By Melanie