Alternatives for Lidless Pans?

Bronze Feedback Medal for All Time! 157 Feedbacks

I seem to be very unlucky with my saucepan lids. I now have several lidless pans! I just thought I'd ask you clever people on here if you have any idea what I could use as a replacement? Thanks! xx

Silver Answer Medal for All Time! 425 Answers

Depending on the size of the pan, use pie or cake tins for a more permanent lid. For just a quick fix, cut and form a lid from aluminum foil -with or without a piece of cardboard (think empty cereal box) wrapped in it. Even a glass, china, or stoneware plate will do. Any of these ideas will work, just remember to use a mitt or pot holder, since your DIY lid doesn't have a handle/knob.

Gold Post Medal for All Time! 677 Posts

I have a universal lid I got at Bed Bath and Beyond for a skillet that was purchased without a lid. I can use that lid for any pot or pan I want.

Anonymous

I myself have the same problem. I have found that taking my plates and flipping them upside down and placing them on top of the pan works just as well. And, most of us have at least a few varying sizes of plates. So, depending upon the size of the pot or pan you are using, just choose the appropriate sized plate in your collection. If you don't have plates not made of paper, you can always ask a neighbor to borrow one.

I myself have the same problem and I have found that using my dinner plates or side plates upside down on top of the pot or pan works splendidly. If you happen to not have plates that are of the no paper variety, you can always ask a neighbor.

Someone close by is bound to have 1 plate that you can use.

Bronze Tip Medal for All Time! 59 Tips

I needed some lids and went to a thrift store and found several in various sizes and the prices were very reasonable.

thanks everyone! some great ideas here!xxx

Gold Feedback Medal for All Time! 949 Feedbacks

You can use a cookie pan/sheet or a pizza pan.
Try turning it upside down so it catches the condensation or you may prefer using the bottom.
Thrift stores usually have an assortment of pan lids - glass or metal and may not be more than $1 (or less).

Buy several if you do not know the size and try them out on your pots.

Better Living Simple LivingJanuary 14, 2022
🍀
💘
🎂
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Alternatives-for-Lidless-Pans.html