FundraisingCharity

Alternatives to Fundraising Thermometer

I am in my last year of chairing the high school band's annual citrus sale (oranges, grapefruit, juice oranges, and tangelos) and we have set a lofty goal this year. I want to make a visual to put in the band room to show our progress to the goal, but don't want to use a thermometer. I was thinking of a glass that would fill up with orange juice, but would prefer to consider something musical. Whatever it is, it would need to be easy and inexpensive to make and hopefully, something that could be used for a few years.

I thought a trombone with the slide getting longer as the goal was getting nearer, but my drawing capabilities are nil and I wasn't sure how I could do the slide.

Any other tips or ideas will be gratefully appreciated. Also, do you want to buy any fruit? :-)

By Melody from Oak Ridge, TN

You could have a blank music score and add notes to it which will show your favourite tune.

At church we have a string across the front almost ceiling high. We attach an article that is appropriate to the fund raising. As we reach our goal the item is moved across toward the finish line.

I think your trombone idea is very creative and cute. There are a lot of free clipart drawings on the internet. You could possibly use one of them. Most schools have some kind of projector that you could use to "blow up" the image to the size you need.

You could also ask the art teacher in your school who could draw one for you. He or she should be aware of people with the skill to draw one. Who knows, he or she might even volunteer to draw it for you.