Alternatives to Stove Burner Covers

Category Appliances
Many of us use burner covers on our electric stovetops. If you don't want to buy them there are alternative that might better meet your needs. This is a guide about alternatives to stove burner covers.

Okay I will admit it. Sometimes I cover the burners with those Dollar Tree burner covers and then, I sometimes burn them. It happens when the pot is larger than the cover and I forget to check. Now I won't be able to. I found 2 10-inch and 2 8-inch lids that not only cover them to keep them clean, but have handles so I can't set anything on them. Win Win!

This cost me $3.96 and will be the last money I spend on burner covers!

Sandi,
I know this is from 2016 but I just wanted to make a comment.

This is such a neat and handy tip. It may not appeal to the "trendy" but it is so handy and economical.

Different size pot lids (even "decorator" lids) can be found at thrift stores also and the knob is so much easier for many people to grab than trying to lift up a regular cover.
Stainless steel is so easy to keep clean and most lids can go right into the dishwasher.
Anyway, I do not think this tip received as much "applause" as it deserves.
So, I will applaud you (sorry it is delayed) for a very useful suggestion!
Betty

Oh you are the sweetest!! Thanks. Yep, I agree about how thrifty they are and the best part is the handles that don't allow us to set things on them. No worries about being late. I have had posts on here from way back in 06 when I started!!