Alternatives to eBay

To maximize your profit when selling items online, you want to use the best site available. This guide is about alternatives to eBay.

Here are some places to sell online that have worked well for me. I have tried eBay and found it to be too cumbersome to bother with at times. I looked for other venues in my niche.

At the end of each summer, my neighbor cleans out closets full of homeschooling materials and list those items on HomeschoolClassifieds website. She is happy with this site and sees no reason to switch to another one. However, several other book-selling sites do exist.

If you have a thing for crafts or vintage items, check out Etsy. If you sell musical instruments, look up Musicians Buy Line. I have sold many of my own books on Bookjingle, a great site that pays the postage for you. If I do not want to mess with selling books online, I take them to Half Price Books and do pretty good for used books and magazines.

Good luck and hope this helps you make some extra money with those things you no longer need. What doesn't sell donate and write it off at the end of the tax year. Be sure to get a signed donation slip from the place you donate the items to. Even if you don't see yourself starting a reselling business, these are all places to sell the stuff collecting in your garage or attic.

By Bobbie from Rockwall, TX

Anyone know of other auction sites besides eBay that do not ask for fees or are just as popular?

By Monique Rowe from Creighton, SK

try it's for handmade items only, but if you are an artist or craftsperson it's fantastic! and a wonderful place to shop for one of a kind gifts! and the fees are 20 cents per item for 3 months!

Type in your search bar free online auctions and you should get a list.

Try as an alternative.

try There much cheaper ($1 for anything) and a lot easier to use! I've sold a few things on there. They also have more incentives and give away free listings and cash and prizes.

https://www.Big … SponsorID=268506 is a new auction site with an affiliate component, They are giving online auctioneers a run for their items by offering a total of 50,000 free listings! They are offering 5 free listings plus:

5 Free web links to promote their items on sites like Craig's List, etc.
5 Free pictures per item can be uploaded to the site

5 Free video uploads to enhance the selling process
This is going to give ebay a run for its money.