American Flag Clothespin Platter
Vote for this contest contender!
Here is a decorative platter I made from wooden clothespins I found for a dollar. I painted them and then clipped them onto a plastic lid I would have otherwise thrown out. Alternatively, you could clip these clothespins onto a ring to make a nice wreath.
Total Time: 90 minutes
Yield: 1 decorative platter
- 30 clothespins
- red paint
- white paint
- blue paint
- 1 plastic lid
- 1 sheet white paper
- star hand punch
- Paint 14 clothespins red, 12 white, and 4 blue. Allow to dry.
- Cut lid so it's at most 6 inches across in diameter.
- Attach clothespins to the edge of the lid in pairs; 2 white, 2 red, repeat.
- Clip them all the way around, then add the 4 blue clothespins.
- Punch out several white stars from your sheet of paper.
- Dab on a bit of glue and attach the stars to the blue clothespins.
- Allow glue under stars to dry for a few minutes.
- Place a small bowl or plate of snacks in the middle. Serve!
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!