Recycled Cake Platter Photo Wreath
Cut the amount to plastic trash you discard every year by looking for ways to reuse some of those items. Here is an idea for making a pretty photo frame using a plastic cake platter. This is a guide about recycled cake platter photo wreath.
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
The base of this wreath is the bottom to those plastic cake containers from the grocery store deli. I love making useful things from what would otherwise be garbage!:)
Total Time: 1 hour or less
- 1 plastic cake dome bottom
- 1 4" by 6" photo
- 8 fake flowers
- 8 buttons
- button shank remover
- glue gun
- white school glue
- Using white glue, attach your picture to the center of your plastic platter.
- You will need to take your flowers apart and re-glue them so that they lay nicely. Simply pop the stem off, glue each layer in the order you removed it. Start gluing your flowers around the edge of your platter.
- Remove the shank on your buttons, glue these to the center of your flowers.
- Cut a 15 1/2" length of ribbon, glue ends to the back of your platter.
- All set!:)
December 24, 20150 found this helpful
Great upcycling! I have so many cake bottoms in my cupboards, it makes my husband crazy!
Now I've got something to do. ;)
December 25, 20150 found this helpful
Very Pretty ! :)