Angel Hair Pasta with Pesto Sauce

Oh, this is so flavorful and screams "Italian" all the way! Though I use jar pesto sauce, I doctor it up my way. If you love pesto, you will love this 10 minute from stove to table dish. :)

1. I break all my pasta in advance into a colander into 4" pieces. It is easier to eat.
  2. Put on a large pot of hot water on high with a tsp. salt. When it comes to a boil, put in your broken pieces of angel hair pasta. Cook as directed to al dente.
  3. Using a small saucepan, add butter and chopped garlic, and stir in all your spices. Pour your pesto sauce in. Fill the jar halfway with hot water, put the lid on and shake. Dump it into pan and stir well. Turn down and let simmer for 2 minutes while pasta is being strained.
  4. Put strained pasta, butter and olive oil in the pasta pot. Pour over all the pesto sauce. Add a little water to the saucepan, to get all the pesto out. Stir it well and add it to the pasta. Stir it well until it is well mixed throughout.
  5. Add a handful of the shredded Parmesan cheese to the pasta. If the pasta seems too thick at anytime, you can add a 1/2 cup of very hot water.
  6. Serve in large soup bowls (it keeps the pasta hotter longer). Add Parmesan to top each bowl. Wow, that's Italian! Mangia!
  7. Ad

This looks yummy. I often have a meatless night and do the AHP and lemon pepper and lemon slices. Just add butter and you have a wonderful dish. I have some generic chinese five spice from the dollar tree and I bet it would be wonderful with some drained canned baby shrimp? Thanks!!

Store-bought pesto has plenty of oil in it already. One tablespoon pesto added to hot, cooked-and-drained pasta then tossed like a salad is (to my way of thinking) a much healthier alternative than adding more butter.

Faster, too. Add diced tomatoes for visual appeal and nutrition.