Ants in the Kitchen

We have got ants everywhere in the kitchen. How can I get rid of them?

By Alec

Best Answer

There is a product called Terro. It's basically a syrup that has chemicals that kill the whole colony. You put a quarter sized drop on the little cardboard pieces they give you and stick them between the fridge and stove, stove and counters, under the sink, etc. It's ok if pets or kids get into it, but it's better if it's where the ants are and not seen by curious critters. The inert ingredient is basically a sweet syrup like pancake syrup.

If you can see the circle an hour or so later, you will see the entomological equivalent of a solar eclipse. They will be around the outside like a bunch of animals in a drinking hole.

Then, they will take it all back and kill the rest.

The other solution is to also find out where they are coming from. You didn't mention if you lived where your home connects to others? It might be they are coming from them. If so, you landlord needs to be contacted and they will pay for and exterminator for all the units effected, and charge the person causing it.

Most of the time, it's simply poor housekeeping so that is an issue they can address at the same time. If you need more info, go to www.terro.com and they have everything you need to know. A small bottle costs about 4.00 and goes a long way.

I hope that helps.

Best Answer

I was having the same problem with carpenter ants that were coming off my back deck into the kitchen. On Thrifty Fun someone suggested spraying their entry point with Pledge furniture polish.

Since I had some I tried it and haven't seen an ant in 6 weeks. And I didnt have to worry about putting out something the animals could get into.

You didn't say what kind of ants but I had those little things and I sprinkled cinnamon on my counter tops behind canisters, etc. Also sprinkled it inside my cabinet, under the kitchen sink, and some along the outside of the backdoor. Believe me, it works.

I don't think poor housekeeping has anything to do with it. I keep a clean house. Not to say poor housekeeping doesn't make it worse. I think it probably has something to do with the weather.

I agree that Terro is the best. The ants eat it and carry it back to their nests.

Your ants will all be gone in a day or two. I bought mine at Walmart.

We have ants that live under the slab Of our house in the dirt. They come up thru The cracks and I don't like to use bug killer Sprays indoor because of our cats.
What really works, sometimes they will come In thru another crack but then you just repeat, What really works is "Skin So Soft" Oil in the Spray jar from Avon. Really, really works.

Use windex or vinegar everytime you clean your kitchen, especially if there are ants everywhere. The strong chemical kills them off quick.

I read this item . I used Home 360 glass cleaner with ammonia .

It killed them immediately . I will keep the spray handy until I don't see any more ants .

Home and Garden Pest Control AntsJune 20, 2013
📓
🌻
🐛