Applying for a Babysitting Job

I am 15 and have been trying to get a job for a while. I finally got a job opportunity, I'm meeting her and her two children tomorrow. How should I act, and how do I deal with nervousness?

By Kassie H.

Good luck with the interview, Kassie! I'm sure you'll be great.

I think it might not hurt to mention you're nervous. That way, if you're fidgeting or sweaty, she'll understand. Try to be confident and remember you know how to do a good job? Make eye contact when you're talking to her, please? Avoiding looking her in the eyes may indicate you can't be trusted. Ask about her kids and their ages, their interests, any rules she may have for them and - please - consider letting her know you won't be talking on the 'phone or texting until the kids are asleep. Good luck!