Attaching a Zipper Foot

Category Sewing
How the sewing feet attach may vary a bit from machine to machine. Without a manual it can be confusing. This is a guide about attaching a zipper foot.

I do not have a manual and I need to attach the zipper foot to the Singer Merritt 2404.

By Beverly

Answers

First of all, download your free copy of the user manual from Singer:

http://www.sing  truction-manuals

That link takes you straight to the Singer page, key in your model number as 2404 in the search box and hit enter-that takes you to the download page where you'll see a free copy available. Click download and it comes up as a pdf copy you save to your computer. I have several of these (I teach sewing and there are a lot of vintage Singer machines out there) and they're great. They print off nicely and can be set into a binder.

You'll also see a purchasable book for sale. I've bought these before, they're not always the original manual but are a reprint in a spiral bound format. Worth the money if you need a hard copy and don't have a printer.

The info you need about the zipper foot is found on page 10, and pages 36-37.