Avocado Tree Lost Its Leaves

Sorry if this is repetitive. I planted my tree in the ground about 1.5 years ago and I believe I overwatered it. As a result the leaves browned and have since all fallen off. The branches are still green and I actually noticed some new leaves started to come up, but they have since stopped growing. Do you think it's done? How do we know if the tree is fully dead? How long should I wait to give the new leaves time to come back, if at all?

We are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards (US only) for people who answer recent questions on ThriftyFun this month! Click here to find out more...

Avocado tree lost its leaves:

1. Well, if the tree has lost its leave it normally isn't because of too much water.
  2. These trees don't need that much water when planted in the ground.
  3. Once the tree drops its leave it is a good idea to trim off some of the branches and a bit of the main trunk of the tree.
  4. However, you said you are seeing new leaves sprouting.
  5. Just leave it.
  6. The new leaves will take time to grow back in.
  7. Normally a few weeks and you should see the leaves growing larger.