FruitRecipes

Avocados for Now and Later

I love avocados and they are so good for us too! I use it in place of mayo or butter on bread and toast. It makes a yummy and healthy breakfast with a hard boiled egg sliced on top of the avocado toast. I also make a salad dressing from them.

This is the time of year I can find some great deals on them too so I found a way to save them for the leaner months. Check it out!

Prep Time: 1 minute

Cook Time: 0

Yield: Double the recipe if desired!

1. Simply cut open the avocado, remove the pit and crisscross cut the avocado and scoop it out with a teaspoon. Squeeze 1 1/2 teaspoons of lemon juice.
  2. Either use a small food processor of you could mash up the lemon juice with the avocado.
  3. Spoon it into the ice cube tray.
  4. Freeze it. You can either leave them in the tray or pop them out into a freezer bag afterward.
  5. Ad

6. Take one at a time out as needed throughout the next few months and enjoy!
  7. You may also pop them into smoothies, soups or other recipes to make them extra healthy. I add one into some plain yogurt along with my favorite spices and some chia seeds and pour it onto my salads as a creamy dressing.

Great idea! I'm doing this.

Me, too, Judy. I'm interested in finding out how the spread tastes on toast.