Baby Finches Dying

Our finches have had their second batch of eggs. Fin the first batch of 5 all of them died. I could see them moving, but they died before they were out of the shell. The second batch is hatching and the first bird lived two days. I found it dead and felt it was important to remove the dead one. Did I do wrong? Do they remove their own? I'm afraid they were caring for a dead one for a whole day and did not feel that was healthy.

You didn't do anything wrong. As long as they have other babies they'll forget about that one.

Anonymous

Why would a finch bird who was 2.5 weeks old just die, it left the nest flew around for a bit then it just died? why did this happen?