Bacon-Chicken Alfredo Penne Casserole
January 4, 2020
My last recipe for year 2019 is Bacon-Chicken Alfredo. We are a family of four who loves food. Yes, in today's trend we call it "food is life". We love food and each member has their own favorite that made me become creative in the kitchen. Tonight I'm preparing my son's choice.
- 3 chicken breast fillets
- 6 strips bacon
- 250 g penne pasta
- 1 cup evaporated milk or fresh milk
- 1/2 cup all purpose cream
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup cheese strips
- 1/4 cup grated cheese
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 pc onion minced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, slice chicken into small strips. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Mince 6 strips of bacon.
- Cook half portion of minced bacon in butter. Make it brown and crisp then set aside.
- In same pan, saute chicken and remaining bacon until slightly browned. Add onion and garlic.
- Pour milk, all purpose cream and water into pan.
- Add a handful of cheese strips and let simmer until cheese starts melting.
- When cheese starts melting, it is time to toss in the penne.
- Sprinkle a handful of crispy bacon. Leave the rest for garnish.
- Transfer in a casserole and sprinkle with remaining crispy bacon on top.
- Grate cheese on top. You can bake it in the oven for 10 minutes at 150 C, but baking is optional.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.