Bag Made from Vinyl Records
Old vinyl records can be converted into unique bags/purses. This page contains a couple of examples of this recycled craft.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
I made this bag from 3 coloured vinyl records. It has an inner fabric lining.
The handle and bottom is also made of an LP. I used a piece of inner tube to finish the opening of the handle. The holes are drilled with a fine drill.
Total Time: 5 hours
- 3 vinyl records
- sewing machine
- drill with fine bit
- inner tube from a bicycle
- First mark the LP size on your fabric for the lining of the bag.
- Draw patterns for the 4 sides for the bag, 2 for the vinyl records and 2 for the lining.
- Cut 2 vinyl records to size with a hot stainless knife; heat over a flame.
- Drill holes around the LPs.
- Cut fabric for the four sides as shown. Secure the sides with thread through the holes in the LPs and the fabric.
- Sew the lining together and place it in the bag.
- Cut the handle from the 3rd LP in the same way as the vinyl records, and make the hole in the handle and glue an edge of the inner tube on it to finish. See picture.
- Sand and secure to the LPs.
- Ready to use.