Finding the Value of Old Vinyl Records

Category Miscellaneous
This is a guide about finding the value of old vinyl records. Whether 45, 78 or 33 1/3 records, they may have value to the right person or they can be reused for some interesting crafts.

I have old 78 records. How do I find out if they are worth any money?

By May

Best Answer

I live in the country, and don't have access to 'experts' that can value things, and probably couldn't afford one anyways. I always look on ebay, to see if an item is for sale there, to get a starting value on anything. If I don't find it there, then I search for it online. That usually helps. You can usually find someone, or some site that is selling something similar.

Best Answer

Search "old vinyl records prices" and you'll find websites that appraise records. is just one. Most have some free info. Also, you might check with your public library to see if they can get you a copy of a good price guide on loan.

Does anyone know the value of old 78 RPM records as well as 33 records? Someone said there is no value. Surely there is some value. Does anyone have experience in this area? I have a fairly large number. Thanks for sharing.

By Oneta Mutchler from Fort Worth, TX

Best Answer

There is a resurgence in vinyl. Even my 17 year old is getting into them. While many albums aren't worth much, especially if they aren't in great condition, many are worth quite a bit. And at an oldies record store in my area, I saw some going for hundreds of dollars. Search the internet, look for specific titles, you may be surprised what you have value wise. Personally, I buy them by the box at rummage sales for the nostalgic value, but I am always hoping to find the big one with cash value.