Baked Apple Acorn Squash
Silver Post Medal for All Time! 355 Posts
November 3, 2020
I love all squashes, but Acorn is one of my favorite. With its nuttier taste an and sturdy shell. Gives you more things to do with it. You will see with this tasty recipe I made, you will love and it easy fall like!
- 1 large acorn squash
- 1/2 stick butter (1/4 cup)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 4 Macintosh apples, peeled, cored,cut,
- First, fill a pot of water with the acorn squash in it until covered. Cook for 15 minutes, with a fork lift it up out of the water.
- Place it on a cutting board. Using a knife cut the acorn in half.
- When it is cool enough, scoop out the seeds.
- Melt the butter, add the brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Baste each half with the butter saving the rest.
- In the meantime, you're cooking your apples until fork tender.
- Drain any excess water, take a fork and lightly stir the apples so they will be chunky. Fill each squash with apples, then drizzle with remaining brown sugar and butter.
- Bake in a 350 degree F. oven in a square glass dish for 30 minutes! Delicious
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.