October 27, 20080 found this helpful
- 1 lb. chipped ham or shaved boiled or baked ham from your deli dept.
- 16 oz. finely shredded cheddar cheese OR
- 1 lb small diced Velveeta cheese
- 4 hard- boiled eggs, chopped
- 1 cup ketchup or chili sauce
- 6 Tbsp. mayonnaise
- 1/2 small, finely diced onion (optional)
- 2 Tbsp. sweet pickle relish (optional)
- Hot dog rolls
- aluminum foil
Chop deli ham into small pieces and add cheese and chopped eggs in a medium bowl. In a small bowl, mix ketchup, mayo, onion and relish and incorporate sauce into the ham and cheese. Fill hot dog buns with desired amount of ham filling and wrap in foil packets. Bake 325 degrees F for 10-15 minutes. Filling will be hot, so take caution when tasting. Chill any leftover filling and use within three days.
By Kathy from Western PA
My family loves these little ham and cheese sandwiches, they are a yummy twist to an old classic! These are great for a get-together, movie night with the kids or for just everyday.
- 1- 12 package Martin's Potato Dinner Rolls
- 12 slices of baked or cooked ham luncheon meat (or enough chipped to cover roll)
- 12 slices of American or Swiss Cheese
- 1 stick butter
- 1 tsp. Worchestershire Sauce
- 1/2 tsp. dry mustard
- 1 tsp. each: poppy seeds and onion flakes
Cut rolls; place bottoms in a 9X13 inch baker. Place one half of slice of cheese on roll, add ham on top, place second half of cheese on ham and place top of roll over ham. Melt butter, Worchestershire, mustard, poppy seeds and onion flakes together in microwave for 40 seconds or until melted. Stir well. Pour over sandwiches. Place foil over all and bake in 350 degree F oven for 30 minutes. Last 10 minutes, remove foil. Let stand for 5 minutes and serve with potato salad, green salad, cut up raw veggies and chips....a complete meal! Yummy! Serves 12.
By Ashley from Ephrata, PA