Cooking From ScratchFood Tips

Baking Cupcakes from Scratch

I have been baking a long time. I just bought a cupcake pan, but it has space for only 6 cup cakes. Now when I make a bowl of batter, obviously it makes enough for around 12 cupcakes. What I can do is half the ingredients and make 6 at a time, but all that mixing and everything giving 6 is not enough.

I just wanted to ask what if I make the whole recipe of batter at once, bake the first 6 and then after they are done, bake the other 6, will the effect of baking powder still be there? Or would I have to add some more to the leftover batter? How long does the effect last? Will it last for say around 40 minutes after its addition to the batter, so by that time my tray is free I can bake the next 6 cupcakes?

By Ainy

Anonymous

Idk, sorry, but you can get another pan from the dollar tree. One dollar.