Bamboo and Coconut Shell Planters

I love using bamboo and coconut shells to decorate my home or my yard. I grow a lot of succulent plants and these hangers make a great way to display them around my garden. They are easy to make and last for years. There is no need to change them out and the plants love growing in them.

Total Time: 2 hours

Yield: 1 planter

1. Clean your coconut shell halves. You can do this by scraping out the remainder of the meat inside or just leave them in your yard for around a week until it is hard and easy to peel out.
  2. Take your sander and sand the outside of the shell. You will also need to sand the top of the shell to make it even. When you crack a coconut the shell never cracks evenly.
  3. Take your ruler and measure down 2 inches from the top of the bamboo and mark the place.
  4. Advertisement

5. Use your drill to drill your hole in the bamboo.
  6. Now use the ruler on top of the bamboo so you can make sure you have half of the bamboo marked and mark the hole on the other side. Drill the hole.
  7. Feed your wire through the two holes and wrap it around the bamboo and make the hanger on top. You can use pliers to secure the piece of wire to make sure it is tight.
  8. Use your wood glue to wrap the jute around the piece of bamboo and secure it in place.
  9. Advertisement

10. Now start putting your coconut shell bowls on the bamboo. You will need to drill a hole in the shell and add a screw to the hole and screw this in place. I add two screws to each bowl to make sure they are secure and straight.
  11. Drill a hole in the bottom of the bowl for the water to pass through. Now add your dirt and your plants. Hang these around your yard and enjoy it.

I just love your natural crafts!

Thank you so much that is so kind of you.

Crafts Garden & Yard PlantersFebruary 19, 2020
😷
🐛
👒
🌻

PlantersGarden & Yard