Basket of Encouragement Ideas for a Cancer Patient

Category Inspirational
Preparing a thoughtful gift basket for someone with serious health issues can bring smiles and inspiration. This page contains basket of encouragement ideas for a cancer patient.

My brother, who is 64, just found out that he has cancer. I want to send him a basket of encouragement, but I sure could use ideas as to what to include. Your ideas and prayers would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Best Answer

An inspirational book is a must, I would include word games and puzzles. Lotions are also good, because treatments can make the skin dry.

I would do a basket of teas, essential oils, books, and socks. Praying for him!

What are some of his favorite snacks, treats, or childhood memory? What was his comfort toy as a child. He may need that comfort again even being 64!

I hope all the best.

actually i would try to help him with his treatment-links to research trials and things about targeted chemo. unfortunately sometimes the cure is worse than the disease...if you don't want to be maudlin, include some dvds and/or cds