Bean and Potato Dish
I'm always looking for clever things to do with leftovers and in general how to consume vegetables in different ways. I invented this dish as far as I can tell, and I got good reviews from a discerning public, so I thought I would share it. This is vegan but of course at any point meat, cheese or whatever can be added.
Prep Time: 35
Cook Time: 15
Total Time: 55
Yield: 4 servings
- 2 potatoes
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 1 can black beans
- 3 cups spinach
- 4 cloves garlic
- 5 mushrooms
- Put pre-cooked potatoes in pan and mash with a masher.
- Cut up the mushrooms and set aside.
- Add the tomato sauce.
- Cut up the garlic and add to pan.
- Turn heat up to medium high. Add the beans and spinach. Add the spices.
- After all is cooked, add mushrooms and cook for just 5 more minutes; enough that they are cooked but not too cooked.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!