Bee and Beehive Egg Carton Toy
Time for a new egg carton toy craft. Here we will show you how to make a bee and its hive. It's a fun toy and would be great to use in teaching children about the important role bees play in our lives, pollenating our flowers and the plants we grow for food.
Diamond Post Medal for All Time! 1,298 Posts
January 14, 2020
They sell bee and beehive toddler toys from $12 to $30. You can make your own with two egg cartons.
If you want a more detailed beehive, you can paint the entire egg carton yellow, but my daughter didn't mind.
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 2 egg cartons
- construction paper (yellow)
- white paper (printer paper)
- googly eyes
- hot glue
- black marker
- You will need 2 egg cartons. One egg carton will be to cut out the bees. One is for the beehive. First cut out an egg carton circle and paint it yellow.
- Glue on googly eyes and use a marker to draw on stripes. Then, cut out a heart shape to resemble wings. (Feel free to make more bees for your hive - repeating steps 1&2.)
- Trace outer edge of the carton on to yellow construction paper and tape to the lid of the second carton. Draw stripes on the hive and write any greetings you would like, I wrote "welcome to the bee hive".
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.