Using lean top round, plain low-fat yogurt, and very little added salt makes this a heart-healthy dish.
1. Cut beef into 1-inch cubes. Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a non-stick skillet. Sauté onion for 2 minutes.
2. Add beef and saute for additional 5 minutes. Turn to brown evenly. Remove from pan and keep hot.
3. Add remaining oil to pan; saute mushrooms.
4. Add beef and onions to pan with seasonings.
5. Add wine, yogurt; gently stir in. Heat, but do not boil.
6. Serve with macaroni.
Note: If thickening is desired, use 2 teaspoons cornstarch; calories are the same as flour, but it has double thickening power. These calories are not figured into the nutrients per serving.
Yield:5 servings--Serving Size: 6 oz
Each serving provides:
Total fat: 10 g
Saturated fat: 3 g
Cholesterol: 79 mg
Sodium: 200 mg
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!